Note: for the best understanding of the fixing position, we advise that you attach a Lock Belt to the POS Flex Stand first to understand where the iPad will be positioned once installed.
- Place the POS Flex Stand in your preferred position and using a lead pencil to mark the counter, trace the base of the product for reference.
- Remove the Lock Belt if it was used to determine the stand position.
If routing cables through the counter surface
- Mark the center position of the stand using the Flex Stand install template.
- The thickness of cable that can be fed through the base of a POS Flex Stand is limited by the slot through the top. Test the fit of any cables that you plan to feed through by ensuring they can all fit within this slot.
- Drill the cable routing hole large enough for any cables needed to pass through.
There are two (2) methods to installing a POS Flex Stand - Option 1 (Fasteners) and Option 2 - Flex Base (adhesive). Consider which installation method best suits your needs and application.
Option 1 - Fastening Using Flat Head Screws
Using screws to secure the stand (Consider using a professional for installation). Please note: Screw Length Selection formula for reference only, consider your requirements:
- Mark the position of the mounting holes using the POS Flex Stand install template.
- Ensure to use a screw type specific to the surface material you are mounting to, choosing the correct type with a flat head. Ensure your fasteners are long enough length to pass through the POS Flex Stand and fasten to your surface by following the formula 'Screw Length Selection' below.
- If the surface material requires it, pilot holes or fastener anchors may be needed during the process of installation.
- Once the mounting surface is prepared, route all necessary cables through the counter and place the POS Pivot over the mount holes.
- Using an allen key, remove the 4 screws that connect the front and back panels to the base, and place the frame to the side. This will give you clear access to install the base.
- Secure the stand with one countersunk head screw, without completely locking the stand down. Insert the other 3 screws again without locking the product to the table surface.
- Fasten the first screw completely, followed by the second to create a firm install.
- Complete the reverse of step (5) to re-attach the frame to the base.
FLAT HEAD SCREW LENGTH SELECTION (Metric)
Guide: 25mm (Flex Stand) + Xmm (Counter thickness) = Screw length.
Example: 25mm + 30mm = 55mm
Screw Length = 50mm > 55mm screw length will be ideal.
FLAT HEAD SCREW LENGTH SELECTION (Imperial)
Guide: 0.98" (Pivot Stand) + X" (Counter thickness) = Screw length.
Example: 0.98" + 1.18" = 2.16"
Screw Length = 1.96" > 2.16" screw length will be ideal.
Option 2 - Fastening Using a Flex Base & Adhesive
Important: Please Read
Please follow the Installation Instructions for POS FLEX STAND BASE before proceeding
The adhesive is permanent and is not repositionable or reusable. The ability to remove this product is subject to the materials and conditions and is not advised, to prevent potential damage. Take care in installing the product correctly.
Using the supplied 3M adhesive:
- Your POS Flex Stand Base comes with a 3M adhesive attached
- If you’re routing cables through the mounting surface, mark the center position of the stand using the Pivot Stand install template
- The thickness of cable that can be fed through the base of a Pivot Stand is constrained by the slot on the side. Test the fit of any cables that you plan to feed through by ensuring they can all sit within the side slot.
- Drill the cable routing hole large enough for any cables needed to pass through the table surface.
- Route all cables needed through the pre drilled hole and stand.
- Ensure the mount surface is clean and dry. Check the final position of the stand and remove the red 3M liner from the adhesive.
- Place the stand in its final position and apply pressure for 30 seconds. For best adhesion apply between temperatures of 20-30°C, and leave the adhesive to set for at least 24 hours.
- Install your iPad Lock Belt to the stand following the Lock Belt Instructions.