Click the downloads above for .PDF installation diagrams.
Note: for the best understanding of the fixing position, we advise that you attach a Lock Belt to the Pivot Stand first to understand where the iPad will be positioned once installed.
- Place the Pivot stand in your preferred position and using a lead pencil to mark the table, trace the base of the product for reference.
- Remove the Lock Belt if it was used to determine the stand position.
B. Cable Routing
If routing cables through the counter surface
- Mark the center position of the stand using the Pivot Stand install template.
- The thickness of cable that can be fed through the base of a Pivot Stand is limited by the slot on the side. Test the fit of any cables that you plan to feed through by ensuring they can all sit within the side slot.
- Drill the cable routing hole large enough for any cables needed to pass through.
There are two (2) methods to installing a POS Pivot Stand - Option 1 (Fasteners) and Option 2 (adhesive). Consider which installation method best suits your needs and application.
Option 1 - Fastening Using Countersunk Head Screws
Using screws to secure the stand (Consider using a professional for installation). Formula for reference only, consider your requirements:
- Mark the position of the mounting holes using the Pivot Stand install template.
- Ensure to use a screw type specific to the surface material you are mounting to, choosing the correct type with a countersunk head. Ensure your fasteners are long enough length to pass through the POS Pivot body and fasten to your surface by following the formula 'Screw Length Selection' below.
- If the surface material requires it, pilot holes or fastener anchors may be needed during the process of installation.
- Once the mounting surface is prepared, route all necessary cables through the counter and place the POS Pivot over the mount holes.
- Move the hinged plate to one side, secure the stand with one countersunk head screw, without completely locking the stand down.
- Alternate the hinged plate, and fasten the countersunk head screw on the other side.
- Fasten the first screw completely, followed by the second to create a firm install.
COUNTERSUNK HEAD SCREW LENGTH SELECTION (Metric)
Guide: 17mm (Pivot Stand) + Xmm (Counter thickness) = Screw length.
Example: 17mm + 30mm = 47mm
Screw Length = 45mm > 50mm screw length will be ideal.
COUNTERSUNK HEAD SCREW LENGTH SELECTION (Imperial)
Guide: 0.66" (Pivot Stand) + X" (Counter thickness) = Screw length.
Example: 0.66" + 1.18" = 1.85"
Screw Length = 1.77" > 1.96" screw length will be ideal.
Option 2 - Fastening Using Adhesive
Important: Please Read
The adhesive is permanent and is not repositionable or reusable. The ability to remove this product is subject to the materials and conditions and is not advised, to prevent potential damage. Take care in installing the product correctly.
Using the supplied 3M adhesive:
- Your POS Pivot Stand comes with a 3M adhesive included
- If you’re routing cables through the mounting surface, mark the center position of the stand using the Pivot Stand install template
- The thickness of cable that can be fed through the base of a Pivot Stand is constrained by the slot on the side. Test the fit of any cables that you plan to feed through by ensuring they can all sit within the side slot.
- Drill the cable routing hole large enough for any cables needed to pass through the table surface.
- Before removing the adhesive backing, familiarise yourself with the how the adhesive shape will align with the cable routing groove on the base of the stand
- Peel off the white adhesive backing sheet from the adhesive.
- Apply the adhesive to the bottom of the POS Pivot stand, ensure to accurately align the two parts. Without removing the red liner, apply pressure to the base of the stand for 30 seconds to ensure good adhesion.
- Route all cables needed through the pre drilled hole and stand.
- Ensure the mount surface is clean and dry. Check the final position of the stand and remove the red 3M liner from the adhesive.
- Place the stand in its final position and apply pressure for 30 seconds. For best adhesion apply between temperatures of 20-30°C, and leave the adhesive to set for at least 24 hours.
- Install your iPad Lock Belt to the stand following the Lock Belt Instructions.
If you plan to mount a POS Pivot Stand onto a wall, see the Installation Notes in the following link: